Rafting on the Salza river
The Salza river in Northern Styria is one of the most beautiful and clear rivers in the Alps. The river is suitable for rafting from May to October, so it may be a good alternative program even on rainy summer days as well. During the tours, professional guides are available in German or English if needed.
All equipments are provided, the guests have to ensure their arrival and some dry towels and swim suits. It is possible to organize rafting trips on working days. Previous registration at least 2 days before the program is required, for larger groups ( above 6 people) as early as possible.
1. Half-day rafting-tour on Salza:
- To whom is it recommended? To all who plans to try out this adventure.
- Duration: approx. 3 hours
- Minimum participants: 5 persons on working days. At weekend it is possible to join to the tours individually.
- Departure: 14 p.m. or at any other pre-agreed time
- Prices: 40 Euro /adults, 30 Euro /child ( only children above 8 years old are allowed take part in).
- Group discount: above 10 persons for one person it is free, above 6 persons, there is a discount of 50 % for the organizers.
2. Full-day rafting-tour on Salza:
- To whom is it recommended? To guests who are in very good phisycal condition and like outdoor activities during the summer holiday. Part of the tour is an excursion to Palfau Waterhole Gorge with a picnic on the bank of the river.
- Duration: approx. 5-6 hours
- Departure:10.30 a.m. or at any other pre-agreed time.
- During the summer, the program can be organised on working days too.
- Minimum participants: 4 adults
- Prices: 60 Euro /adult, 45 Euro /child (only children above 12 years old are allowed take part in).
- Group discount: for the fifteenth person is free, above 10 persons there is a discount of 50 % for the organizers.
3. Excursion to Palfau Waterhole Gorge:
- Palfau Waterhole Gorge is one of the most beautiful waterfall-system of Austria.
- It is recommended to anybody but primarily to guest who would avoid from participating the rafting tour although would accompany their family, friends or colleagues.
- The trip is a light excursion along the Palfau waterfall, it does not need any guide or equipment.
- High difference: 320 m
- Duration: approx. 2-3 hours
- Prices: 5,5 Euro /adult, 3 Euro /child
- Discount: above 10 persons for one is free